Skip to main content
1001 Bishop Street Suite 2685A , Honolulu, HI 96813 | (808) 377-4996
by Hawaii Registered Agent LLC

Hawaii Certificate of Authority Filing Service

Foreign Corporation in HI

If you own a corporation based in another state and want to conduct business in Hawaii, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the State of Hawaii. This is obtained by filing as a foreign corporation with the Hawaii Secretary of State, Corporations Division. Once filed, the State of Hawaii will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Hawaii corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (Created) in the State of Hawaii is considered to be a foreign corporation.

We only charge $100 plus the Hawaii State filing fee to prepare and submit the foreign Hawaii corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Corporations Division of the Hawaii Secretary of State. We also will find the paperwork needed from your home state of incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Hawaii and the foreign corporation form is already in your client account immediately. There are also some filing tips on how to submit your documents with the state. Your business needs to have a Hawaii registered agent anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to submit your papers or you want to send them to the Hawaii Secretary of State yourself.

What Are My Next Steps?

You sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the form for foreign corporations in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for the state filing fees plus $100. At all times, you can check the real time status of our work in progress. After we are done with your foreign corporation registration in Hawaii, we always upload the filing to your client account, email it to you, and send you the original filed documents by mail.